Thursday, April 24, 2008

That girl with wanderlust

I've always assumed I didn't have much of an identity here at the office...until today. All of us at the department were eating Ms. H.'s birthday treat of noodles, barbecued pork, and puto when somebody really smart pointed out that since we were all in one place already, then we should start planning the office summer outing together.

So ideas were bounced back and forth: a beach trip (but some people don't want to get sunburned), a cultural/ food trip at historic Binondo (but some people don't fancy walking under the sun, and they find culture trips boring), an uber-expensive buffet lunch at Circles plus a day off from work (but some people thought it was too ordinary), a day at a country club in Tagaytay (but some people have been there already), and a lot more.

We obviously did not agree on anything, due to our varied interests. Therefore, Ms. H. thought that the best solution would be to assign a "committee" that will think of possible destinations that will fit our (office) budget.

Guess who's in the "committee"? Me. But thing is, I only have great travel plans for myself but I'm not sure if I can plan for other people. Because if I were an authoritarian ruler, I would insist on going on a cultural trip with lots of good food to boot. Like a museum trip plus a city trip where the architecture is great plus, food food fooooood...like dimsum at Chinatown!!!! Squee!

But of course, we are a democratic lot so everything must be done for the common good. L. and I brainstormed this afternoon. And we're crossing our fingers...

2 comments:

MaidenFlight said...

i was wondering who suggested the culture/food trip...hehehe. good luck with the planning thing! :D

Hilda said...

So go plan that Manila cultural and food tour and let's go!!! KKB para sa mga gustong sumama. Public transpo lang. =)

I remember doing that during our Pinoy class in first year. Loooong time ago!