Wednesday, May 14, 2008

May 19 is the magic day

Two things will happen on May 19. And my day can go three ways: a) not happy, b) half-happy and c) deliriously happy.

Yesterday's grad school interview went well, I think. The person who interviewed me did most of the talking. I basically just nodded my head in agreement. The person was very nice like that.

What I am mortified of though, was the way I stuttered and ate my words from nervousness. The questions I expected to hear were not asked. As I mentioned, the person who did the interview did most of the talking. The person cracked jokes, to which I heartily laughed. Those were good jokes, after all.

The person ended with the words "I look forward to seeing you blah blah blah...." The person also mentioned classes I might want to take. I guess those are good signs of a very probable grad school acceptance, right?

Of course the person had to ask if I am married (no), if I am planning to get married soon (no) and if I have a boyfriend (no). And the person said that that's well and good since having a relationship like that will distract me. So I interpreted it as God's way of telling me that everything's okay.

The person said the list of persons to be admitted to grad school will be released on May 19. If I'm on that list, I will be very happy.

But I'll be tremendously happier if another good thing will happen on the 19th. As I've mentioned in my previous blog entry, something good is supposed to happen on this day. I can't tell you what. But it involves another interview I must ace.

3 comments:

Hilda said...

You obviously texted us one of the good news (congratulations!!!). Now about grad school—well???

Ummm, is there supposed to be a third too, or did my brain just get scrambled?

Girl Around Ateneo said...

Two lang. I went to the Grad Admissions Office today, and sabi antayin ko na lang daw yung actual letter next week. Enrollment daw is on June 5. Ayun.

Hilda said...

Haaay. Bitin pa. Next week then. But it sounded like you're in already. ;-)