Wednesday, June 11, 2008

First day of MA classes tomorrow

First day of my MA classes tomorrow. Of the two subjects I signed up for, the class tomorrow is the boring one. I figured taking one boring class and one exciting class every semester will balance things out and keep me sane.

However, I can't name the boring subject in my blog for fear of being found out. And to be fair, I won't name my exciting class either.

Half of me feels excited, while the other half feels anxious. My goal is to get the best grades possible. A very big part of me believes that this will be my ticket to my dreams, you know, to how I believe my life should be lived, according to God's terms.

A friend, who's studying to become a Jesuit, once said that like him, the Ateneo may be my own "novitiate." This might be the perfect place to realize my dreams. And maybe he's right. I'm learning a lot here: photography, Photoshop, Japanese, Chinese, Communication, film-making, video editing, respect, humility, conscientiousness, excellence, love.

My Basic Chinese 2 class, meanwhile, is giving me a headache. But in a good way. I am up to the challenge. Years from now, it MIGHT be THE lingua franca. And years from now, I will be thankful for the foresight that God's spirit has given me.

0 comments: