Sunday, June 8, 2008

I don't feel so confident about my bad Mandarin anymore

I think I perfected the test yesterday. It was easy enough. Only 11 items. I finished the test in about one and a half minutes. I commend myself for taking the time to memorize my new Chinese words every morning. I'm just not sure if I could keep this up once I start my MA classes. I have two this semester.

I worry about my pronunciation. My new teacher has a very good ear. He can tell when we pronounce the wrong tones in Chinese words. You should know that in Chinese, pronouncing a word in the wrong tone means saying a totally different word. Should I just keep my mouth shut? Should I start using flash cards to communicate?

I thought I was good with accents. My teacher in Basic Chinese 1 said I can already go to China. Maybe not yet. Practice, practice.

0 comments: