Thursday, September 4, 2008

Missing In Action (MIA)

I've been MIA for weeks now, and it's because of work requirements and grad school papers. I've been juggling both. Good moods, bad moods, blah moods, I've been through it all.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry but it seems all my efforts are so-so. To illustrate:

In my Monday class, I got an "A-" for my reflection paper. I don't have my grade yet for my report but I'm pretty sure it's a "B". I kinda flubbed. I blame stage fright. This means I have to participate more in class discussions and to write a kick-ass research paper (my final paper). They're my only hope of getting an "A." Or a "B+" at least.

In my Thursday class, meanwhile, I got an "A" for my critical research paper. I expected a lower grade since I thought my teacher would think my topic is too girly--online shopping. But I got the shock of my life today when I saw "A" instead of the "B" I was expecting. But that's not a reason to rejoice. In my midterm exam, which was an oral exam, I got a "B." I flubbed...again. My hope is to get an "A" for my next critical research paper (due on September 25!) and to get another "A" in my group research paper.

Are you noticing a pattern yet? I get "A's" in writing requirements, while I get "B's" in my oral requirements. Urgh. I need all "A's" for future scholarships! I can feel the pressure.

I also noticed that when my teachers write comments on my papers, they never fail to point out my writing style. They seem to like it. I guess this was what my interviewer meant (while I was being interviewed for grad school acceptance) when he said writing papers will be a piece of cake for me, and that I should switch to the thesis option of my MA instead of the non-thesis option I'm in. He thinks I'd make a good thesis. Oh well. I can only make a good thesis IF I'll be given a BREAK from OFFICE WORK.

***

I wish I'd get the same rave reviews about my writing at work. Wala lang. Wishful thinking from a writing machine.

0 comments: