Sunday, September 7, 2008

Basic Chinese 3

Last Thursday, I enrolled for my Basic Chinese 3 class at the Confucius Institute. I'm excited to learn to read and write more Chinese characters.

While withdrawing money from the ATM inside the campus, I felt a bit sad to part with my money (well, some of my money, anyway). Withdrawing money meant dipping into the fund I saved up for my second semester of graduate studies.

But while walking to the Chinese Studies office in Leong Hall, I got excited again when I saw all those DVDs and books and magazines in pure Chinese! I want to enjoy all those media in their pure form. And before I enjoy them, I must first understand them, right?

Besides, I am privileged to get a 50% tuition discount both in my M.A. and my Chinese language class since I'm an employee, anyway. Therefore, there's absolutely nothing to feel sad about. I should even be thankful. So thanks be to God and thanks be to Ateneo!

***

The Ateneo also offers Korean language classes now. Details here. Tuition discount for employees is not as big as in my Chinese language class, though. Good thing I can learn Korean from my officemate...for free!

0 comments: