Monday, December 8, 2008

Before my spirit dies

I have decided to quit blogging here for a while. No surprise here, since I haven't blogged in more than a month. Why quit? Why now? The long and short of it is that I am struggling to block my looming feeling of disillusionment. I work in Ateneo, I study in Ateneo (for my masters degree, which I love, love, love a lot!), and can feel God's hands working in me in this place. Except that no institution is perfect. The system is not perfect, just as the Church is not perfect. The people around me are not perfect, just as I am not perfect. But the way God brought me back here in 2006, three years after my college graduation and a little over a month after that traumatic experience in my second job, was perfect. It revived my spirit. And I intend to keep that wonderful memory in me. I must therefore take a step back to figure everything out before I get completely disillusioned by...things.

1 comments:

Hilda said...

And I'm glad that God brought you to us — both because you needed it and also because you have been such a blessing to us.

Follow your heart and your dreams. Good luck, M! You know that our prayers and love will always be with you. In your search and in your journey.