Thursday, June 5, 2008

Enrollment done in less than 3 hours!

So...I just finished enrolling for the first semester of school year 2008-2009. And I did it in less than 3 hours. How amazing is that?

When I was in college (about five years ago), each enrollment period lasted for 1 to 1 1/2 days. Eeek. But registration has gone a long way, I see. Now it's down to three hours--or less, if I didn't dilly-dally around EDSA Walk, wondering why the heck I'm finding some of those college volunteers cute. I'm way, way to old for these kids!

Ok, maybe not too old. But still, old enough to be their big sister or something.

So anyway, I still found those three hours tiring. The last step at enrollment was to have my ID picture taken. I thought of doing it the next day, when my face is all made up and fresh and my hair is brushed to a sheen. But no, practicality (or is it sloth?) got the better of me, so I decided to throw vanity to the wind and just go for it. The result: A digitally captured me sporting a shiny face and unkempt hair. Ewww. I didn't care about it at the time, but now that I'm a lot saner and well-rested, I do.

I'm saying this because I look good in my ID pic for work. I made an effort to look nice, so I don't mind showing it to people when needed. But my school ID...urgh.

But let us not get too vain here. People go to school to learn, not to be picture-perfect. I should bury my head in my books.

On a brighter note, enrollment was done in less than 3 hours! That's the thing.

0 comments: