Friday, July 25, 2008

First day of Korean class

First day of Korean language class with my officemates. Teacher is Sarah, the new girl at work.

Starting to mix up Japanese, Chinese and Korean. Have final exams for Chinese class tomorrow...a formal Chinese class at the Confucius Institute.

Teacher is a bit strict and serious, but begins to soften up when she remembers we're her new officemates. Must emphasize that it is extremely nice of her to teach us Korean for free. She teaches Korean twice a week as some sort of a part-time job.

Another bright note: I realized I already know some Japanese and Chinese. Now I'm throwing in some Korean, too. Soon, I will/might master East Asian languages. Very good for my plan of pursuing Asian Studies after Communication. You know, for MORE postgraduate studies.

Boss is in China right now, promoting Jesuit education. I wonder if she'll let me tag along in the future as some sort of translator. Dreaming.

0 comments: