Thursday, July 17, 2008

No Wawi =(

T. and I went to the Ateneo Art Gallery yesterday afternoon to attend Artspeak. Artist Wawi Navarroza was supposed to speak, but we found out that Wawi can’t come because of a flat-tire in Pateros. So the talk was cancelled. Sadness. I so looked forward to her talk because among the three winners of last year’s Ateneo Art Awards, her collection was the most imaginative, IMHO.

On a brighter note, her talk is rescheduled on Wednesday next week, July 23. She’ll be sharing the limelight with MM Yu and Lyle Buencamino.

P.S. I can tell that so many people share the same sentiment. Aside from me and T., a lot of other people also went to the Gallery yesterday just for that talk. In a strange way, the artistic part of me reveled in our collective enthusiasm.

0 comments: